Students will need the supplies and instrument accessories listed below during lessons and rehearsals.
Students who rent from Laraway will be given their method book when they sign up. Additional method books are available to purchase for $10, or $16 for percussion.
1. Instrument in good working order
2. Band binder (1”blackbinder)
3. Essential Elements for Band (Book 1)
4. Sharpened pencil
Flute – Cleaning rod/cloth, slide grease
Oboe – Three working reeds, reed guard, small container for water, cork grease
Clarinet – Four working reeds, reed guard, cleaning swab, cork grease
Alto Saxophone – Four working reeds, reed guard, neck strap, cork grease
Trumpet/Baritone/Tuba – Valve oil, slide grease
French Horn – Rotor oil, slide grease
Trombone – Slide oil, slide grease, cloth
Percussion – Bell kit with drum pad
NOTE ABOUT REEDS
Reeds are “disposable” accessories, because they wear out over time. Once a reed is chipped or worn out, it must be thrown away.
- Additional clarinet reeds may be purchased from Laraway for $1 each.
- Additional alto saxophone and bass clarinet reeds may be purchased for $2 each.
- Additional oboe reeds may be purchased from Laraway for $5 each.
- Boxes of reeds are available for purchase online and at the local music stores listed below.
These reeds are recommended for purchase for students:
Squire Band – Rico Royal, Strength 2.5 (Alto Saxophone and Bb Clarinet)
Lancer Band – Rico Royal/Vandoren Strength 3 (Alto Saxophone and Bb Clarinet)
ONLINE MUSIC STORE
LOCAL MUSIC STORES
Brandolino Encore Music Center
700 W Jefferson Street
Shorewood, IL 60404
Phone: (815) 729-2858
2785 Plainfield Rd.
Joliet, IL 60435
Phone: (815) 577-6706
Quinlan & Fabish
6827 High Grove Blvd.
Burr Ridge, IL 60527
Phone: (630) 654-4111